Table of Contents
I Wonder if Special Candies Taste Any Good?
As you play levels in Candy Crush Saga, you will create and use many special candies. In this guide, I will explain what special candies are and how you use them.
Coconut Wheel Information
You can’t create coconut wheel candies in Candy Crush Saga.
Coconut wheels create a line of striped candies. The candies then will shoot out in the opposite direction the wheel rolled.
Normally you can have to use a level start booster to get coconut wheels on levels. You use this booster on ingredient levels.
Levels will rarely have some coconut wheel candies you can match.
Coconut wheels are best used near the bottom of the levels. You can use the candy to drop multiple ingredients to the bottom at once.
Coconut Wheel Combinations
- Coconut Wheel + Coconut Wheel: The first coconut wheel will activate. Once all the cascades finish the second one will activate.
- Coconut Wheel + Color Bomb: The entire row or column is turned into striped candies.
- Coconut Wheel + Striped Candy: More striped candies will be placed than a normal coconut wheel match.
- Coconut Wheel + Wrapped Candy: Instead of striped candies wrapped candies will be dropped instead.
Color Bomb Information
You create a color bomb by matching five candies.
When you use a color bomb with candy, it removes all the candies of that color from the game board. You can also combine it with other special candies for different effects.
Color bombs are one of the most useful special candies in the game. Often you will make huge progress in levels by combining other special candies to color bombs.
Color Bomb Combinations
- Color Bomb + Coconut Candy: The Coconut candy drops more striped candies than normal.
- Color Bomb + Jelly Fish: Multiple jelly fish target and remove jelly.
- Color Bomb + Striped Candy: All candies of the same color are turned into striped candies. The direction of the candies is random.
- Color Bomb + Wrapped Candy: All candies of the same color are turned into wrapped candies. They then explode twice.
Jelly Fish Information
You can’t create jelly fish candies in Candy Crush Saga.
Normally you can have to use a level start booster to get jelly fish on levels. You use this booster on jelly levels.
Rarely levels will have some jelly fish candies you can match.
Jelly Fish Candies are very helpful on jelly levels. The booster is somewhat odd, though. It seems the number of jelly fish you can get is different at each level.
My strategy with jelly fish is to try to use them late in a level. This strategy will allow the jelly fish to target the hardest to reach squares.
Making any combination with jelly candies is very helpful, and try to as often as possible.
Jelly Fish Combinations
- Jelly Fish + Color Bomb: Multiple jelly fish target and remove jelly.
- Jelly Fish + Striped Candy: The jelly fish create striped candies where they land.
- Jelly Fish + Wrapped Candy: The jelly fish create wrapped candies where they land.
Lucky Candy Information
You can’t create lucky candy. Lucky candy appears on order levels. You normally have to use the level start booster to get them. But some levels have lucky candies on them.
When matched, a lucky candy will drop one of the things you need in an order level. Lucky candies are best used on order levels that require special candies or blockers.
I often save this booster and use it on difficult order levels.
Lucky Candy Combinations
There are no special combinations for lucky candy. It matches like normal candy.
Striped Candy Information
You create a striped candy by matching four candies at once in a line.
When activated in a match, the striped candy will shot out and damage everything it hits. The direction of the lines on the candy shows you the direction of the blast.
Striped candies are useful on order and ingredient levels. As they can clear everything in a single column or row.
I feel this special is best matched with wrapped candy or something else.
Striped Candy Combinations
- Striped Candy + Coconut Wheel: More striped candies will be placed than a normal coconut wheel match.
- Striped Candy + Color Bomb: All candies of the same color are turned into striped candies. The direction of the candies is random.
- Striped Candy + Jelly Fish: The jelly fish create striped candies where they land.
- Striped Candy + Striped Candy: The combined match shoots out in a cross shape hitting things horizontally and vertically.
- Striped Candy + Wrapped Candy: The combined match shoots out in a cross shape hitting things horizontally and vertically. The blast is two spaces big.
Wrapped Candy Information
You create Wrapped Candy by making a match with four candies in a T or L shape.
When activated, wrapped candies explode twice. There is a delay between the explosions.
Wrapped candies are great when used on tough blockers that need multiple hits. They are useful even without being matched with other special candies.
Often the hardest order levels require you to make wrapped candies. They are somewhat tricky to make and harder than striped candies.
Wrapped Candy special combinations are great when you need to remove many things from the game board at once.
UFOs can’t be created, and you need to use a booster to use them most of the time.
They rarely can be on levels.
When you use a UFO, it creates multiple wrapped candies around the board, and they explode.
This special candy is one the most useful in the game. But you rarely will get a chance to use it as it needs to be a booster.
This booster does not have any special candy combinations.
Wrapped Candy Combinations
- Wrapped Candy + Coconut Wheel: Instead of striped candies wrapped candies will be dropped instead.
- Wrapped Candy + Color Bomb: All candies of the same color are turned into wrapped candies. They then explode twice.
- Wrapped Candy + Jelly Fish: The jelly fish create wrapped candies where they land.
- Wrapped Candy + Striped Candy: The combined match shoots out in a cross shape hitting things horizontally and vertically. The blast is two spaces big.
- Wrapped Candy + Wrapped Candy: An even bigger explosion happens. Then afterward the wrapped candies explode one last time as normal.